H. Gene Hawkins, Jr., Ph.D., P.E.
Professor, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
Research Engineer, Texas Transportation Institute
CE/TTI Bldg, Room 301C
● Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 1993
● B.S., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 1981
● Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University: Associate Professor, 2004-present.
● Texas Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System: Research Engineer, 2001-present; Division Head, 1999-2004; Associate Research Engineer, 1993-2001; Program Manager, 1993-1999; Assistant Research Engineer, 1987-1993; Engineering Research Associate, 1986-1987.
● Hawkins Engineering, College Station, Texas: President, 1994-Present.
● Walton & Associates Consulting Engineers, Inc., Associate, 1983-1986.
▪ A leading expert on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
▪ Has extensive background in traffic operations, particularly policy/practice documents
▪ Evaluating how the human element impacts transportation systems
▪ The role of retroreflectivity on the visibility of the roadway environment
● Courses Taught: CVEN 307, CVEN 400, CVEN 451, CVEN 457, CVEN 625
● Application Information for Prospective Graduate Students (under construction)
● Full CV